Friday 27 May 2011

If At First...

Wearing: Black Fedora: Vintage, Silk White Racer with Black Sequin Stripes: Disco Pony (Trial and Error Samples), Black Micro Shorts: AA, Black Wedges: ASOS
In this wonderful world of fashion design, sometimes things don't quite turn out as imagined! This is one of those pieces! Originally designed to be a super high quality sports luxe silk number... it came out ever so slightly less-luxurious. Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous, and I love it... BUUUTTT... the time and steady hand it takes to create such an item doesn't quite come across... I'm not sure why! WHY?! I have gotten back to the drawing board with this one, and decided on a different silk... A Chinese Crepe Silk to be precise... I've fallen quite hard for the stunning drape of a Chinese Crepe silk... Part of my just desires to wear that, and nothing else... But Disco Pony begs me for some Disco decadence, and for this initial collection, I just cannot refuse the Disco Pony!!! (I wanted to write Neiiigh here... but that is not the sound a Pony makes... who knows what sound a pony makes?!- I better find this out, It seems completely inappropriate that I do not know!!!) I made this silk vest in a contrast of B&W as seen, and a gorgeously delicious orange with gold detailing. They have a 30's vibe to them, a twist I wasn't expecting either... but I like it! I need your help in deciding if these bad boys should still be a part of the collection. What do you thinkkkkkk??? Along with these vests, I made an AMAZING mistake with a silk all in one... It's gone into the "bag of great mistakes" along with a pair of trousers that just didn't do what I asked them to do! It's quite heartbreaking, but, it's got to be done! If I learned anything from my years at Goldsmiths, it's that if it isn't completely right, scrap it... do it again. Make it right! So my degree has absolutely come in useful! Phew! I'm anxiously waiting on my next bundle of samples to arrive into the office... every time the door goes, my heart skips a beat! I WANT THEM SO MUCH! Where are they!?!! We start shooting the lookbook on the 5th of June- very excited! Racking my brain to come up with great mixtures of Disco Pony and Vintage for you to feast your eyes upon! I will hopefully be shooting some looks on the street's as soon as I get this next lot- after all, the streets is where it's at peoples!!! I hope your all fabuloussssssnessssss, doing what makes you happy! Keep rocking gorgeous beans! xx


Photography by Albert Dedeu

14 comments:

Tonya said...

You are so talented! I love the top! And the hat too! I saw the gold dress you designed too..sooo beautiful! I love it!

www.themoptop.com

Ruthie said...

I think it's gorgeous Zo! Def keep it :) love you xo

Kalina said...

you look great Zoey, I love this wedges!

greetings from
http://mikalafashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i think you should put it in your collection, if you love it then others will too :) cute hat!
xxx
Catflicks

fashion suicides said...

Wow, I wouldn't dare to wear shorts so... short :o! But you definitely can!

FASHION SUICIDES

Carolina Krews said...

love it

C

Miss Aggie Kwong said...

amazing pictures like always! very nice wedges. u look cool as usual!

Find me on:
From Catwalk to Classroom.

Caroline Josephine said...

It's really amazing what mistakes can bring... my mother's a seamstress and growing up she was always making... everything from my mittens for snowy days to my dresses for prom. She said that in ever piece she's ever made there's a tiny flaw, and she knows exactly where it is. Sometimes it's obvious and she had to take the project in another direction... but other times they were just too tiny to even find. I love it when you can make a mistake work for you.

You look amazing. I love the wedges, but the entire look is gorgeous. I can't wait to see more of your stuff. I'm so happy I found your blog

xoxo

Suz said...

great!!

Bec said...

it still looks great, even if it didn't turn out perfectly for you. can't wait for the lookbook :)

Unknown said...

<3 you are the BEST! Keep going....

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

Beautiful.

Shasie said...

Love this top! The stripes are so cute!

Shasie
Live Life in Style

Allie Emme said...

I have a shirt from F21 that looks exactly like your top except it has sleeves! I think I might just cut them off.
xx Allie